11/03/2006

Sick

Is everyone not feeling good or something? al-Hamdu liLlah I don't have a sore throat I would hate for it to hurt when I swallow, and for everyone who does have a sore throat, I sincerely hope that it heals soon, and that there is an expiation of sin for every difficulty endured.

I think my students got me sick. There was a school `id party today, and I just left early, I just don't feel good. My nose, my head, ya Rabbi...-sniff- wipes with a tissue -sniffs-... *coughs*.. stay away from this blog before I get you sick! -sniffs-

In other news, I met my friend today, ya Allah does she look good in a hijab. I took her out to eat with her son. Her little boy is so cute masha' Allah. He kept looking at me and smiling, and laughing at times, that really made me feel good, I love children. She told me that he is usually very shy and quiet when there are strangers and that his behavior is strange... it's not strange, children are easy to figure out, if you smile they smile back, that's all. I met her mother in law, and she wanted to know if I was interested in getting married, honestly, I'm not interested in anyone else, I'm very happy and grateful for the way my life is right now, and al-Hamdu liLlah. I went over to the apartment of my new hijabi friend, wa barak Allahu fiha, and I stayed for some time, then all of a sudden her door bell rang, it was her husband. I just got up and left right away, she told me, "he came home early." Khayr, it's okay, but ya Allah I felt so weird, I know I left so quickly but I felt it inappropriate to stay. Khayr, ya Rab.

I met a Muslimah who is dealing with breast cancer right now, ya Allah, protect us from such trials. subHan Allah, sometimes we need to meet people who are in difficulty to understand how grateful we should be. I feel I really don't understand how fortunate I am, I feel that even though I try to express gratitude it's not enough, and I can never understand just how grateful to be. Again, khayr, khayr ya Rab.

Rabbi al-Wadud, that is what He is, how He has given us so much, al-Hamdu liLlah.

Today, I had a lot of fun with my class. I had to somehow teach them how to read a map, and I cannot bore them, I hate to make a lesson dry, especially for first graders. I decided to make a treasure hunt for them, I made a cartoon map of the school, and gave them all a paper to find the treasure. I hid fake diamond jewels and lots of other toys in the sand box outside in the playground, they really enjoyed the lesson. What I loved the most was how they all worked together to find the treasure. I loved it! ya Allah, how I love them!

My students are starting to do something I'm not pleased with, and I need to find a way to control. My students hug me way too much. For example, I could be up teaching them what a noun is and how to find it in a sentence then all of a sudden, one student gets up to hug me, and I will say, "thank you, I love you, but please you need to sit down to let me finish." Then ya Rab! ya Rab, one by one they all get up to hug me! Today I had piles of children just come up to me and hug me. Same at snack, I will just walk to the other side of the building, and then one comes, and yee they all start rushing over. Like sometimes they come at such speed I almost fall over. It's funny as I think of it now, but they need to control themselves. They also fight with each other and cry over who sits next to me, I just... I don't know! Sometimes I can be mean, and they will lose privledges for that, but I need to find a balance with it. I'll find it insha' Allah, weird huh? that's just weird. I like to be loved, who doesn't? I just need to be more firm with them. Khayr, al-Hamdu liLlah.

I'm going to go make some tea or something for these sniffles, maybe put some honey in it if we have some, khayr.

al-Hamdu liLlah for everything, Allah is al-Wadud.

Oh, I should mention I already started applying to Universities to in sha' Allah get a Masters in Islamic Studies.. I hope to get most of the application process done this weekend, make du`a' for me that if this is a good choice that Allah allows it to go through, and that if it is not that Allah will open for me a path better than it. Allah is al-Hakim and I trust Him completely. al-Hamdu liLlah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home