11/02/2006

hijab


al-Hamdu liLlah, I just got off of a phone call with a friend of mine... she just wanted to tell me that she started covering her hair today -smiles-.

It's a funny story really, you see, she doesn't know me that well. We honestly briefly met each other twice, but I guess sometimes you have a connection with people that you can't quite describe. I gave her my number and she called me once, and it was a very simple conversation, you know the usual.."hi remember me from that party?".. "yea, I do, how are you?".. "I'm good, so what's new?" -smiles- khayr.

Then I saw her briefly at `id prayer. Then the following night she called me to talk about hijab, and how she really wants to wear it and how hard it is for her. At one point she started crying, and we talked for a long time about what the hijab is all about, and all that good stuff. I told her that I would help her through the process and that I understand it's not something that's so easy to do. I told her if she would like we can go for a test drive, I mean, i'll give her a scarf to wear we'll go out to the mall and have a great time ~pretty much to show her that just because you cover it doesn't mean you're an outsider, you can still have fun and enjoy yourself... only fi sabil liLlah -smiles-~

Khayr, pray that Allah accepts my efforts.

Now one week later from that conversation, she called me and she expressed how she started covering today and how wonderful she feels! -smiles- Barak Allahu fiha, that's such wonderful news! I'm really happy for her, al-Hamdu liLlah.

I'm going to see her tomorrow for jumu`ah, in sha' Allah... I'm excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home