things happen for a reason... al-Hamdu liLlah.
It turns out that this Sunday my parents are going to a relatives house who got out of the hospital recently. That's fine, al-Hamdu liLlah. I wanted to go to a wedding, but it's okay, things happen for a reason. I asked if we could go and visit on Saturday instead, but my father gets off early on Sunday so it works better for his schedule that way.
I asked if I could go alone with my friend, nope, not culturally acceptable for a girl to go alone to a wedding. That's alright, al-Hamdu liLlah.
Today, class was wonderful. I'm starting to get a routine going, I know which books to teach from, the students are enjoying the class, al-Hamdu liLlah. No one threw up or anything like that, so that was nice. By this weekend I want to have completed a work packet for each student with a day by day schedule of what should be done for next week. It will be fun, in sha' Allah.
By the way, starfall.com is awesome, I took them to the computer lab and they loved it a lot, al-Hamdu liLlah.
The highlights for me today were learning the 5 senses in Science, playing with apples for math, and having the classroom split in two and having each side compete on who read the high frequency words the fastest! Oh! And for P.E. I taught them some tough stretches, and beginning gymnastics... Oh! And, I love to make up stories so when they came back from lunch I told them to rest their heads on the table while I made up a story about a flying dragon who gets into a lot of trouble, I never knew I could be so imaginative, and the children love it so much they ask me to continue the story, "in sha' Allah tomorrow" that's what I tell them. -smiles-
Then, a parent came in and bought me a gift! Awww!!! It's a stick with an apple at the end of it. She loved my apple theme so much she wanted to contribute to it (her child isn't even in my class!!!) Barak Allahu fiha. You see, my whole classroom has an apple theme, the students love it. Students from different grade levels will come in my class just to look at the decorations, al-Hamdu liLlah it's a lot of fun. subHan Allah, usually the more du`a', work, and effort put in the more amazing the outcome.
I'm happy about how things are going in my life, sure there is some difficulty but for the most part, it's more of a blessing than anything else. -smiles- al-Hamdu liLlah for salah, al-Hamdu liLlah for children. Salah brings peace to me, and children fill me with cheer... and I am allowed the priviledge of working at a Private School, where there is dhikr in the morning, salah in the afternoon, and Muslims being Muslim.
Also, al-Hamdu liLlah my parents are being good to me, al-Hamdu liLlah, that makes me happy, my heart can rest.
Anyways, I better get going soon, make du`a' for me and the Muslimin. (please)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home