9/02/2006

Darkness to Light

subHan Allah, you know how everyone wants to be led from darkness into light. This makes me think about something, okay, first of all as Muslims we seek Allah's protection from darkness, like in surah al-Falaq, also, what about in surah al-Anbiya subHan Allah, when Yunus (`alayhi sallam) was in the whale it was dark, he made du`a' and he was literally taken out of a literal darkness.... whoa, here's another thought, ignorance is a literal darkness, he was taken out of 2 kinds of darkness, the physical I'm in a whale and I can't see in here kind of darkness, and also the darkness of feeling that you are a wrongdoer, as he said in his du`a' to Allah:


87.
Wa Dhā an-Nūni 'idh Dhahaba Mughāđibāan fažanna 'an lan Naqdira `alayhi fanādá fī až-Žulumāti 'an Lā 'ilāha 'illā 'anta Subĥānaka 'innī Kuntu mina až-Žālimīna.

87.
And (remember) Jonah, when he went off in anger, and imagined that We shall not punish him (i.e. the calamites which had befallen him)! But he cried through the darkness (saying): None has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah), Glorified (and Exalted) are You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."

وَذَا النُّونِ إِذ ذَّهَبَ مُغَاضِبًا فَظَنَّ أَن لَّن نَّقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ فَنَادَى فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ أَن لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ



88.
Fāstajabnā lahu wa najjaynāhu mina al-Ghammi wa kadhalika Nunjī al-Mu'uminīna.


So We answered his call, and delivered him from the distress. And thus We do deliver the believers (who believe in the Oneness of Allah, abstain from evil and work righteousness).

فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ وَنَجَّيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْغَمِّ وَكَذَلِكَ نُنجِي الْمُؤْمِنِينَ



... but yea, what was I saying? Oh about darkness! Hey, I should have that verse from Surah al-Falaq here too, okay just a sec:


3.
Wa min Sharri Ghāsiqin 'idhā Waqaba.

"And from the evil of the darkening (night) as it comes with its darkness; (or the moon as it sets or goes away).

وَمِن شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ


... Yea, see, we seek protection from darkness.

For some reason I have been having this strange fascination with "light" lately. Not that I go and stare at a light bulb, which I've done by the way, probably not good for my eyes, but there's something about it!!!

Okay, like Allah's veil is of light, what kind of light? ALLAHU A`LAM. But I must admit, I'm very very very curious. I would love to meet Allah just so that I know what this veil of light is like, subHan Allah, subHan Allah, subHan Allah... ya Allah... LIGHT UPON LIGHT!

Light is used to talk about being out of ignorance, light is used to talk about the faces of the people of Jannah, the word "light" in Islam is used in so many different ways, but always in a very positive way.

Which makes sense why a very famous du`a' made by the prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu `alayhi wa sallam) about going to the masjid was:

Oh Allah, place within my heart light; and upon my tongue light; and within my ears light; and within my eyes light; and place above me light; and beneath me light; and on my right light; and on my left light; and in front of me light; and behind me light; and place light within my soul; and augment light for me; and greaten light for me; and grant me light and make me light. O Allah, bestow upon me light; and place light in my tendons; and light in my flesh; and light in my blood; and light in my hair; and light in my skin.

... I know a shorter version, but I got this du`a' above from Islamic Center Fort Collins site, so it's worth looking into, I believe I saw the du`a' in `arabi there.

Anyways, here's something interesting, but probably really stupid, but it's still interesting. Sometimes when one of my eyes is hurting, and I'm getting a headache from it, I'll stare into a light bulb and then my headache is gone and I feel better. Heh, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't do that, but don't eye doctors always flash a stick of light in your eyes anyway, shouldn't be "that" damaging, or else they wouldn't do it.

Anyways, I better find a way to keep myself busy this week, or else I'll probably go crazy, this is the first day I don't have school... or teaching... and I'm just... ahh... I feel like ahhh... I'll probably just go an hang out with Angie, and then come back home and read... -smiles- yay! Reading!!! Maybe I can finish the book I started this summer The Koran for Dummies -smiles- I really love that book!!! I'm only on Ch. 3, but I really like the way it is organized and put together. Time, it is a beautiful thing, and Allah swears by it too, so it's a sacred thing too, in sha' Allah it is used well, in sha' Allah.

Ok, i'm out like a trout... and may Allah always take us out of the darkness if we ever do enter it, and may Allah make our lives one filled with light. amin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home