5/25/2006

Forgot to mention.. hehe.

I know some words that the Korean people speak. -smiles-

Today while doing my field work I was given an English Language Learner who had just came from Korea maybe 2 months ago, and doesn't know English. I really wanted him to memorize which picture went with which word... for example: A picture of boots goes with the word on the list "boots." Anyways, I noticed that he really wasn't enjoying the process, and I felt like I needed to spice things up a bit. So I gestured to him that I would like to learn his language, and that we can do a trade-off, I learn the Korean language and he has to learn English.

So I would point at boots, and he would say "kutu," I would purposely get really excited to hear it in Korean and make sure I memorize it, then tell him to do the same for it in English "boots." We were laughing and joking, and we got some of the classroom students to memorize some Korean words... oh it was so amazing,.

This child that I would look at sitting alone, not talking to anyone, is now laughing with the students who are saying Korean words. He loved it when I said "trouble!"... you see one kid would keep getting out of his chair to come sit with us, and then so many kids would then get out of their chair to come to see what we were doing... and I would look at him and say, "Trouble! Go sit down!!!" ... the Korean kid would repeat "trouble" and start laughing... the kid didn't take me seriously, maybe because I was smiling? hehe, I tend to do that a lot. Then the teacher was getting upset, and although I would have loved to just keep playing, I looked at the child who wanted to join me and the Korean kid and seriously said, "Look, I love having you spend time with us, but you are disturbing the class here, and your teacher really wants you in your seat." It's so funny how when you "talk seriously" you get taken seriously... actually, it's not funny, it's simple logic. -smiles-

Anyways, so the Korean child had a blast, and he feels more at ease talking to the children... before I left I looked at him and I said, "MOJA!" and he replied, "HAT!" -smiles- Mission successful and accomplished, I love it when I set goals and they get accomplished, I hope that is for everything of khayr that I strive to do, ya Rab!

Ya Rabbi, I love children... subHan Allah. I really hope to have a lot of children, they make me love them, especially when they cry, I love being the one to hug them and tell them everything is going to be fine... it's one of the most amazing things to do. Today Amir thinks that my older brother broke his ear, hehe, I just loved hugging him and saying in sha' Allah your ear will be okay -smiles- .. sometimes I wonder, and I fear not being blessed with the ability to have my own children, but I shrug that worry away, I simply love children whether they are to be my own, or not, they have a special place in my heart.

al-Hamdu liLlah for children.

4 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 10:02 am , Blogger BlessedMuslimah said...

I love the technique you used barakAllahu feeki! This Korean kid sounds so cute ma shaa Allah... (you sound pretty cute yourself ma shaa Allah -wink-)

 
At 5/27/2006 12:04 pm , Blogger Anonymous said...

wa fiki barak Allah, ya habibty!
The Korean kid was definitely cute... (your winks can be deadly, watch out)

 
At 5/27/2006 3:46 pm , Blogger Nora said...

your are a super cool teacher with very creative ways to reach the goal ;D

u know .. i adore kids .. el7emdellah .. once i meet them .. we get very close to each other ..

they are so pure and clear ..


i hv this game i used to play with my baby sis .. i grap her nose .. and say : well now i got ur nose and u dont hv it anymore ..

she cries hehehehe .. shouts at me .. and calls for mom hehehe

CUTE ..

they all are ..

yaa raaab .. give my sis anon. childern of her own .. with a strenght to raise them good ..

ameeeeeeeeen ..

 
At 5/27/2006 4:39 pm , Blogger Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words and Amin to your du`a'...

haha, very funny story about taking the nose!!! I love it.

I love putting something in my hand touching the back of their ear and pretending that I pulled a coin out from there, -smiles-

I'm glad you love children, I love them too! How can someone not love children? subHan Allah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home