5/17/2006

I just wanted to say...

subHan Allah, what a day. Today's halaqah for sisters chair was one that was very personal, it was called The Muslim Woman and Her Parents, ya Rab. The stories were incredibly powerful, and al-Hamdu liLlah those who were participating in the halaqah were very engaged into the lecture.

I noticed time had passed rather quickly and it was already time to go, and no one was getting up to leave, and the lecture was over... so, like always, there's a call for action. This time I asked for the sisters to call their parents simply say that they love them.

I wasn't sure if I could just make a phone call just to say that I loved them, but one must practice what they preach.

So... I took up the phone, and I said, "fine, I'll do it!" My heart raced, this is going to be a little awkward. I noticed the sisters were watching me, some looked more worried than I was, ... but khalas, I had to do it.

So I put the number of my home in the phone, and it rang, and my mom picked up, "Hello."... "Al- Salamu `alaykum Mom, uh, I just wanted to let you know I got to school safely."... "Good, I tried calling you earlier but you didn't pick up."... "oh, sorry about that, and uh, mom... I called because I wanted to tell you that I love you."... "I love you too, so when are you coming home?" -smiles-... "at 7 in sha' Allah."

Then I picked up the phone again, dialed my fathers number, "Hello, hi, can you give the phone to my dad please."... "sure, hold on a second."...[holding]... "Hello."... "al-salamu `alaykum dad, just wanted to tell you that I loved you."... "Thank you, I love you too."

... so then I looked at all the girls and said, "okay, now your turn!" -smiles-

al-Hamdu liLlah, there's something wonderful about calling a parent and telling them that you love them, it makes the heart happy. This is an act that Allah loves, and so of course the heart feels like a flying bird... -smiles-

It's not like I don't tell my parents I love them, I do, it's just not meaningful enough... so to call, with only that purpose, it strengthens the point... it also plants some happy seeds.

al-Hamdu liLlah

... also, I'm glad that someone's testing is all over, what a relief, may Allah bless you and love you for your hard work and patience. Amin

2 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 5:33 pm , Blogger Nora said...

iam back ;D

missed me haa ?!

what u did is great .. maybe they let u down .. cuz u were expecting a warm answer !! i would :)

but iam positively sure .. that u touched them deeply .. en shallah


i know that .. cuz i've been there

mom was really stressed and sad .. cuz my brothers were very active that day so she made an effort to keep things under control .. okay

before i went to sleep .. i had sent her a text msg : u r the best mom in the whole world .. proud to be ur daughter .. love u


she didn't mention it at all !!

but later .. i knew that all of her friends and family .. heared her talking about that msg ;D

sorry for this very long story but it's related to urs ..

take care .. @ treating them good .. gives u re'6aa allah @

so
work hard on that sis ..

p.s
iam practicing my english here i guess hehehe so excause me for any mistakes ok ;D

 
At 5/23/2006 10:58 pm , Blogger Anonymous said...

al salamu `alaykum wa raHmatu Allahi wa barkatuhu,

subHan Allah, I know they love me, they just show it in ... interesting ways -smiles- subHan Allah.

I like the message you sent her!!! right on!!! good going, may Allah bless you.

Your mom sounds like mine, she won't mention it. It's okay, as long as we know that they love us, that's what matters.

And do not say sorry for long stories!!!! I love reading the thoughts of those I care about!!!

-smiles-

Thank you for all your good reminders, keep telling me your good advice, I can only benefit from them.

wa `alaykum al salamu wa raHmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu,

and psst.. your english is fine! i'm serious..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home