5/23/2006

al-Hamdu liLlah

My 14 year old brother has started praying again! -smiles- I took him with me to a high school MSA banquet, and al-Hamdu liLlah the brothers of the Friday's Youth Group invited him to the Masjid and got him all interested in Islam... MAY ALLAH BLESS THOSE BROTHERS WITH KHAYR SURROUNDING THEM EVERYWHERE THEY GO! AMIN. He prayed today, ya Allah, he prayed.

I remember, being 13 years old, and memorizing Qur'an and this same brother in my room with me, memorizing.
I remember going to his room and waking him up for Fajr and he would nod his head and quickly rise.
ya Allah, ya Rabbi...
I remember such good times, and they are coming back.. and my heart it's a real physcial feeling, there's comfort now, and more relief.

I went into my 6 year old brothers classroom, I'm going to do my 30 hours of field work there. I have never been hugged by him so much like today. He would get up sometimes and start rubbing by back, and I turned and looked at him and said, "what are you doing?" He was acting strange, so attached to me. During lunch, he sat by me, and talked to me the whole time... I'm so fortunate, I am sooo fortunate. He came in my room tonight and asked me, "Did I embarrass you, because I kept talking about you?" and I looked at him and smiled, "I loved being there with you, I loved it sooo much." He smiled then left... ya Rabbi.

I really love children, subHan Allah, so very deeply.

3 Comments:

At 5/24/2006 6:13 pm , Blogger Nora said...

alslam 3laikum ..

mashallaaaah .. iam sp happy for him ..

he's good from the inside .. and every person .. needs to experince new ways to live their lifes ..

he's only 14 right .. and he's back .. in one year !!

this is extremely good .. mashallah ..

beleive me .. b ethen allah .. your brother is much more stronger and related to 9alat .. then ever before .. cuz he now knew what are the diffirences between .. the two way of living ..

without and with having the chance to talk to allah sub7ana w ta3ala five times a day ..

he's young .. and he wont quit it enshallah .. he's much more attached now ..


i know that .. cuz i wasn't so comitted to 9alat when i was in high school .. esta'3fer allah ..

i wasn't a bad gril .. but it felt so difficult to do it !! back then

but now .. el7emdoo le allah ..

iam so regreting all the moments i lost ..

but .. allah '3foor ra7eem ..
and .. a3lam b elgloob ..

-----

this post touched me deeply .. cuz it reminded me of myself !!

and here i am now .. with a whole new me i hope .. :)

-----

ur little brother is cute .. hehehe and sensitive mashallah ..

take care of him and plant the seeds from now since he's that smart mashallah .. build up islamic foundaion , principles and values ..

allah ebarek fekum ajm3een ..

ur sis .. Nora :)

 
At 5/24/2006 6:20 pm , Blogger Nora said...

opPps .. i got it wrong ..

u were 13 .. he was just a kid ;D

now i saw the correct pic ..

------

About the marriage thing ..

there is a perfect .. man .. waitting .. actually.. they two

hehe .. one for u .. and one for me ;D

yaaa rab ... tarzeg ann. ezawj e9ale7 ..

do u speak or read arabic ??

 
At 5/25/2006 12:35 am , Blogger Anonymous said...

wa `alaykum al salam habibty,

it's so nice to hear from you, you're keeping me company in this dunya of ours, thank you.

I'm happy for him too, you know sis, my heart I haven't felt it this free in a long time... I mean, to see those I love so much doing what pleases Allah, I get so happy, so deeply happy.

Sis, Islam for me is this process, every day pushing to be better, I have glitches here and there, and I slip... but to stumble does not mean to fall, so in that sense it's an endless struggle. May Allah strengthen us to meet perfection, to truly understand the concept of Ihsan. Amin.

I don't think you should look to the past and regret anything, habibty, Allah had it decreed to be that way, it happened by his will, so no worries.. ask for forgiveness as I need to too, and look ahead to a future of better choices and greater strength in sha' Allah.

and as for my little brother, yea, it's not just him, all kids have their ways of telling you that they love you... children are just cool like that, ya Allah, ya Allah, how i love them.

As for the marriage thing, Sister, I hope you are blessed with someone that is a comfort to your eyes and that you will have children that will be a comfort to your eyes, and that as a family you will be leaders of the believers. Amin

Do take care sis, it was nice talking to you.

And about my Arabic, it's a work in progress, -smiles- it's a work in progress... al-Hamdu liLlah, please ask Allah to strengthen me in `arabi, in sha' Allah.

wa `alaykum al salamu wa raHmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home