subHan Allah
Okay... this whole gratefulness bit is just way too cool. The more grateful you are, the more you recieve.
Here's a simple example, my baby brother comes in the room, I tell him, "You give the best hugs, you always do." Then he comes and hugs me, (and because I love his hugs so much and want another one) I tell him, "That was so nice, thank you so much, alHamdu lilLah you give the best hugs, thank you, thank you, thank you, that made me feel so good."...Then he hugs me again, and I then say, "whoa, that's too much, you're giving me too many hugs! it's too much!!!"... hehe, gratefulness rocks.
tangents:
I remember I was at my uncles house and his 3 yr old girl got a toy taken away from her. She's laying on the floor crying, (I like hearing children cry, it's challenging) I go up to her and I say, " you know that when you're crying you're not allowed to smile." ... "when you're sad, smiling is sooo bad" ... "please don't smile you're sad".... "hey, heeeeey, what are you doing? no smiling!!! you're supposed to be sad"... "stop smiling, stop it, stop it, that's not what sad people do"... "oh no, she's laughing, she's laughing... you are breaking all the rules!!!" hehe... that doesn't work all the time though.
One of my older brothers made me happy the other day, he said somethings that made me feel good. He was talking about a hijabi in his class, I guess some guy came and hugged her (okay hearing news like that would definitely not make me happy) but what did make me happy was what he told her. He said to her, "you know if some guy did that to my sister she would have picked him up and threw him over the fence." I started laughing, cuz it's true. Speaking about true, we were talking about the new X-box that just came out and the crazy prices people are selling it for, and I told my brother, "I don't understand why people would pay so much for a game, it makes no sense" ... he then tells me, "I would love to relate this to something that you like, but you don't want anything." I thought about it, he's right, only, there are things I want, just not that much.
It's really nice to think that people see me in such a positive way, to have a good impression and good thoughts about me... and what warms my heart, is that it is family who are saying these things. When it all comes down to it, it really doesn't matter what people think about me, as long as I know what I'm doing, and if it is right or wrong, and that I seek forgiveness when I need to, also that I'm always grateful. Although, to a certain extent I do care what people think, perhaps it's because we are social creatures.
Allah knows best.
subHan Allah..."Verily, in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest" Qu'ran 13:28
alHamdu lilLah for everything,... everything.

3 Comments:
nice aya ;)
yea, I know how much you love that ayah, Barak Allah Fiki. I posted it especially for you.
We should not feel very guilty, because it creates a impression on our mind, instead of feeling guilty , we should talk with the people and open our overselves for which we feel guilty. When we feel guilty we suffer this is nothing but the self created suffering.
Allah is very kind and merciful... he forgives us. When we even just get aware of our wrong doing our mistakes have been forgiven by Allah.
Khuda office.
Post a Comment
<< Home