Curious Minds
There is so much in this world to think about, to learn about, to understand, alHamdu lilLah. Learning is the most amazing experience, that feeling of " Ohhhh! " ... that makes life enjoyable!
I love learning about people, to go into their lives and to learn about what made them who they are. It's like history, the more history you know the more you understand why people do what they do, and why things happen the way that they do, it makes things... "ooooh" understandable.
I remember when I was young I used to watch my mom do the dishes, just staring at her cleaning the plates, and cups, and spoons, and forks... until one day, I asked her, "mom, can you teach me how you do that?" and she taught me, and I had to do it every night for so long... sometimes we are better off not learning how to do things.
However, in college I met a teacher who told the class "when faced with a problem, turn it into an opportunity to be creative" ... I'm not saying that doing the dishes is a problem, but that you can take something that is not so enjoyable to do, and make it enjoyable. Go to the sink, light some candles, play Qur'an and just do the dishes, it turns into a calming meditation kinda thing, heh.
There are ways around just about everything. Curious minds find a way to fix things, discover things, imagine things. Aaa, a curious mind.
I strongly feel that one should be very grateful for good information, for people who are willing to teach, for books and documentaries. It's exciting to learn, it gives me this feeling of being one step closer to understanding this world. What makes me enter deep awe is the vast amount of knowledge there is out there to learn. A person can spend their whole life just learning about what happened in 13 th century West Africa because of how much history there is there. One can spend their whole life, their whole life, venturing into the world of an eyeball and all of its complexities. There's just sooo much information out there, it's beyooond me.
Sometimes I must admit, I get pretty depressed when I don't know something... but soon after, I shake out of that feeling and think,... "then just learn it"... put in the effort, and it comes.
Now forgetting, that's a problem. Sometimes I work so hard, sooo hard to learn something, to find that years later because I had not rehearsed it, or reviewed it, that I had forgotten it. It's easier to relearn something than it is to learn something fresh and new from the start, but still I don't like the fact that knowledge can fade away.
My dad and my brothers have an amazing memory capacity, my dad was reciting poetry from first grade that he remembers, and when I was reading an old history book my father said something like, "oh I read that when I was your brothers age, if you have any questions I can elaborate on it for you."... and I did have questions, and he knew how to answer them. I don't know how he can retain knowledge he doesn't even review. Does he have tighter neuron connections than I do? and why didn't this trait get passed on to me? I can barely remember what I ate this morning.
lqtm, but some knowledge is just totally useless. I remember watching The Weakest Link with my mom and I believe the question was, "Who had a bird fly into him while on a rollercoaster, that broke his nose"... something like that anyways, and I answered, "FABIO!"[not to be mistaken with Fadio!].. and I was correct. Later on I was thinking, why do I know that? why... do ... I ... know... that? heh. I guess, when we learn things that are absurd it's easier to remember.
Then there are times, I find that I have remembered something amazing. Some information we know is just amazing amazing amazing stuff... like, walking to class today I was looking at the flowers and trees and Qur'anic verses came to mind... oh how I love when that happens. I also love when a verse will be stuck in my head all day long. I remember one day during RamaDan, the whole day, all I could think about was, "Al Haqqah, mal haqqah, wa ma adiraka mal haqqah" gotta love when that happens.
so yea, what was I talking about? curious minds! I love curious minds.
And if all the trees in the earth were pens, and the sea, with seven more seas to help it, (were ink), the words of Allah could not be exhausted. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise. [31:27]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home