5/05/2007

On Children... subhan Allah

Parenting, or teaching, is something that requires a lot of skill and "accuracy." Any inaccuracies in the way that they are brought up may lead to emotional wounds that may never go away.. May Allah protect us from inflicting any harm on children.

Here are some Qur'anic verses and 'ahadith of Islam that teaches us about something that is easily looked over, and it's the

Rights of Children:

* A mother and father have the responsibility as guardians for their children's needs.
Read more:[Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith #730]

* When gift giving, children should be given justly.
Read more: [Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith #760]

* Children are to be home at night.
Read more: [Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith #500]

* Children have the right to life.
Read more: [Qur'an ( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #151)]

* Children can wonder around the house and open doors without seeking permission: after fajr, before and after the noon time, and before isha (otherwise, they need permission).
Read more: [Qur'an ( سورة النور , An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #58)]

* Children have the right to have their faults covered.
Read more: [Qur'an (سورة التغابن, At-Taghabun, Chapter #64, Verse #14)]

* Children have the right to inheritance.
Read more: [Qur'an ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #11)]

* Children have the right to mercy.
Read more: [Sunan Abu-Dawud, Hadith #4924]


... there are more, but it's best to reflect on a little at a time.

I'm reading a book about child development, and subhan Allah, I just feel like being with children requires a person to have so much knowledge that needs to be put to practice.

I need to learn what NOT to say. What to say. How to say it. When to say it. How much affection is needed. How much affection is too much. ...

I need to learn the accuracy, and the skill of balance. I want to be good to them, subhan Allah, I want to be the best,... subhan Allah, I want to perfect this skill, ... I need more guidance.

~*~Random ~*~

I came across this hadith, and I loved it... like, I loved it, loved it!!!

Narrated Abu Huraira: A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I am suffering from fatigue and hunger." The Prophet sent (somebody) to his wives (to get something), but the messenger found nothing with them. Then Allah's Apostle said (to his companions). "Isn't there anybody who can entertain this man tonight so that Allah may be merciful to him?" An Ansari man got up and said, "I (will, entertain him), O Allah's Apostle!" So he went to his wife and said to her, "This is the guest of Allah's Apostle, so do not keep anything away from him." She said. "By Allah, I have nothing but the children's food." He said, "When the children ask for their dinner, put them to bed and put out the light; we shall not take our meals tonight," She did so. In the morning the Ansari man went to Allah's Apostle who said, "Allah was pleased with (or He bestowed His mercy) on so-and-so and his wife (because of their good deed)." Then Allah revealed: 'But give them preference over themselves even though they were in need of that.' (59.9) (Book #60, Hadith #411)

Why do I love this hadith so much?

Because, it takes generosity to another level... money/possesions/stuff.. subhan Allah... it's all in the hands, not in the heart... subhan Allah.. that's the way, I feel it should be... I believe we can never give too much.

I heard an interesting lecture, that one lady whose daughter I tutor gave me a tape, so I listened to it... it was in Arabic, but subhan Allah, I had no difficulty understanding it... anyways, in the lecture the man said, "you sell your soul to Allah, and the exchange is the akhirah."... "Allah buys your soul, and in return you get Jannah.".... ya Rabb.. ya Rabb... ya Rabb.

The tafsir is AMAZING!!! OF AYA (59:9)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home