4/21/2007

-smiles-

Let's see... so today, my morning was amazing both my mother and my baby brother Amir told me Good Morning, and that they loved me. That was awesome!!!

Then I got ready to go to the class I'm taking about all the intricate details of fasting.

I finished getting ready and then I heard the door bell ring. In my heart I just hoped it was those missionary people, I love talking to them. So I peeked through the door hole, and YES! it was them!!! Today, it was Jehova's witnesses (spelling?) Anyways, we had a deep discussion, and then the lady at the door asked if I would be interested in their books. I told her, hold on a second, and I went to my room I got all the books they have, plus the AWAKE! magazine they have, and showed it to her. She had one book I didn't have, so now I have a new book added to my collection. -smiles-

Before I began talking I asked, "It sure is cold outside!! Please let me get you something warm to drink... can I make you some tea, would you like to come inside?" They smiled, al-hamdu lillah. Then, I told them, I love it when they come to my door and I would like for them to remind me about their faith. So I told them what I already knew, and they ofcourse added to it, so al-hamdu lillah. Then I told them, "we have so many similarities, and I want to point those out to you." Then I went on to explain how we are alike in so many ways, then I said, "but you know, there are a few things that I have faith in that is different." Then I went into the concept of Jesus, and how one needs not ascribe any partner to God, and I also explained how God told Adam to BE! and he was... and about how we see Jesus as a prophet and how that's more fitting, and how "just as they believe".. that Jesus is going to come back to earth, and I explained how he will then establish Islam to be the religion for all people.

They brought a man to come and talk to me. Right away he firmly put his hand out to shake mine, and I told him, I'm sorry I can't shake your hand. I started asking them questions like, "how did Jehova's Witnesses branch out from the pure form of Christianity when Jesus first came... I mean, how is it like what Jesus had first preached, and how did the split into so many denomenations in Christianity happen?".. He did his best to explain, but then I remembered how that happened, and I explained things like the Necea Council and how that ended in different branches...

The father left to ask some of the other members something, and his wife and daughter were talking to me, and they asked about the whole hand shake, and hijab.. so I explained more and more about how beautiful it is to be modest and to not conform to a society that disgraces your self respect and the dignity of your soul... Oh, and then the father came back, and he put his hand out again to shake my hand... and both the wife and daughter yelled at him, "NOOO"... lqtm, I laughed, I said it's okay.. and I told the women how much I respected that they understood where I was coming from.

The father asked me questions about if I watched TV, and a lot of `ibadah questions, and I explained to him how I do my very best to stay within my boundaries..

Anyways, a lot was discussed.. and al-hamdu lillah I felt good about the conversation, may Allah guide them. Amin.

So let's see, then i quickly rushed and got my keys and phone to go to the class.

Profound class, absolutely wonderful... today we went over the story of Ibrahim `alayhi salam because one of the students inquired about what `id al-adha was (she's a revert to Islam). Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely amazing story!!! subhan Allah.

Then, when it was time to pray Dhuhr, the shaykh brought his child to pray with him, and everytime he said, "Allahu Akbar!" the child repeated loudly, "ALLAHU AKBAR".. i tried to hold my laugh, it was just too cute, and I laughed.. I got up, and did my Wudu' again.. subhan Allah... subhan Allah... subhan Allah... it was way too cute!!! ya Rabb, children, they're wonderful.

al-hamdu lillah.

Then I went to eat at an Arabic restraunt, and I had a falafel sandwhich with a side dish of rice, and lemonade.

Then I came home, and went out with the revert Muslimah to the mall. Subhan Allah I feel so bad for her, because before she used to spend her time going out and having fun, and now she knows very few Muslims and her days are being spent with boredom and lonliness... ya Allah, subhan Allah. I hope, and I pray that something eases her days, and that a deep happiness sets in her heart every moment of the day. ya Rabb... ya Rabb... ya Rabb.. wa anta al-Wadud. We went to Express, and we both bought the same style shirt, I told her it would be really neat if we wore it at the same time next week. Then she came over to my house and I made her some tea, and we ate stringed cheese, and just chatted... then she went home.

Then I got a wonderful phone call... by Allah, it's such a ni`mah in my day, al-hamdu lillah.

Finally, I finished working on the fliers... and well, now i'm here. -smiles-

jazakum Allahu khayran for reading, wa barak Allahu fikum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home