4/27/2007

Beautiful Day...

bismi Allah, wa astaghfur Allah, wa al salatu wa al salamu `ala rasuli Allah

ya Rabb... ya Rabbi... ya Allah... ya Rabb...

I'm seriously getting to a state of Iman that I want, subhan Allah, I feel it where it I want it to go. It's getting there, but currently I feel it is high and on increase... al-hamdu lillah... wa astaghfur Allah... astaghfur Allah.. astagh fur Allah

I feel like, a closeness to Allah... that I'm learning about how loving He is to us, and subhan Allah... it's just that... you know how Allah is what you think of Him, sometimes I feel like when I get distressed Allah's right above me saying, "la tahzani"... it's this warmth I feel, a very deep love for Allah, a happiness that has spread in my body like cold water after summer's day fast... Rabbi..

Today, at school, it was so nice. With Allah's mercy I found the perfect combination of work and play with my students. They had a substitute yesterday, and they told me how she didn't allow them to go to centers. I told them, then today, I'll make sure you get extra time.

I bought for them a CD player, and I put the CD of Yusuf Islam talking about the Life of the Prophet Mohammad (salla Allahu `alayhi wa sallam) and so many of the children sat during their free time to listen, it was really nice. I put Graham crackers next to the Islam center, and I told them whomever visits the Islam center gets to eat in class and sit on the bean bag. -smiles- So, imagine half the class at the center reading the 'ahadith of the prophet to each other, and reading the Qur'an, and listening to Qur'an, and... ya Rabbi, my heart what a beautiful sight that was for me, how beautiful.

During my break I went to the fourth grade class. The teacher wasn't there so I filled in. Their class had a name calling problem. Together we came up with classroom law and consequences for such a bad habit. I also gave them an assignment in which they had to write about leadership and what qualities a leader must have. I also had them clean the class as a team and just for fun I told them, try to get the class perfectly spotless in 5 min. let's see if it can be done. Then I timed it, and subhan Allah, they did it. barak Allahu fihum. I also gave them a talk about how none of their good deeds are lost with Allah... that even to the atom, every single tiny thing that they do is recorded and kept.

Later the fourth graders followed me to my classroom. They witnessed my class in action. My class is so incredibly respectful, subhan Allah. I asked them, "we have guests, what should we do for the fourth graders?" They said, "give them candy!" -smiles- subhan Allah, we treat our guests as kindly as possible. After my class had finished their practice work I had them go to centers, and I told the fourth graders they are free to go to the centers as well. The girls spilt all the glitter on the floor, I didn't say a think. lqtm, spilling things in class is routine, they just saw what they did and cleaned it. I loved observing that, seeing that they just didn't make a fuss about it and got to work. -smiles- and not only that, but they all helped each other.

They were so good to each other, and very kind to our guests. I'm very proud of them. Please if you're reading this, make du`a' for my class... they're amazing people! Pray that Allah guides their heart to have a strong love for Him, and that Allah is always their guardian... always their closest companion.. ya Allah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home