5/11/2006

Planting Seeds

There is a guy that is in two of my classes. When I go to the library to study after class, which is my routine, I see him there. Well, one day subHan Allah we just happened to be walking out of class and to the library at the same time. He asked me about my religion, and my scarf, and so I explained myself to him to the best of my understanding and ability.

Every time we would leave to the library I would tell him a little bit about Islam. Planting seeds of thought.

Just a few weeks later, I asked him if he would like to visit the Masjid. He wasn't interested... I thought, okay, that's fine, to each their own. As the days passed, still I would say a little bit more about Islam. Another Friday after class I again encouraged the thought, come visit the Masjid. That particular day, he didn't have a class at that time, so he agreed.

I got in contact with one of the brothers, and made arrangements for his trip. Leaving Jumu`ah prayer I saw him standing with that same brother talking as I left with my friends. I later found out that he was there until 4 pm discussing Islam... and karate! -smiles-

He now talks about how his life is changing because of Islam, how he can't drink, and say bad words... subHan Allah he said that brother at the masjid and I had a lot to do with it. What an amazing feeling! May Allah accept this from us. Amin.

Make du`a' he continues on this path, and make du`a' by Allah's mercy he accepts Islam as his religion... I hope so. I'm glad he got in touch with a few Muslim brothers, if he stays around good speech, and goes to them for knowledge, that would be ideal.

... Planting seeds...

There was a Hindu guy selling insents, and books, and necklaces. He was next to the man that hands out bibles. I walked by, the guy with the bible waves and smiles and says hello, I've talked to him about 3 times already. Each time we end with, "okay, you tell me one thing about your religion and I'll tell you one thing about mine, and we'll call it a day." Both the Christian man with the bibles, and the Hindu man sitting down were both older in age, I wonder if people in general just get more religious when they reach old age. Allahu a`lam, but I would imagine so.

Walking by these men, I waved hello to the Christian man, and the Hindu guy that was sitting there was someone I hadn't seen before, so I decided to talk to him... before I spoke, I asked him, "what are you selling?" He presented his stuff, and I asked how much the necklaces were, and he said, "I only take donations." Hmm, since I needed to save what I had for gas money, and the necklace wasn't more than just beads on a string, I gave him 3 dollars... he was happy about it, so I hope that was alright.

Since I took a class on Hinduism I mentioned some things I knew from class, and started a conversation about the things that didn't make sense to me... for one, the multiple manifestations of 1 God, there's just no need for it. He told me that he read the Qur'an and thought it was a joke. At that moment the first thing that popped in my mind was, "remember the hadith, don't become angry." Once he finished talking, I told him, "the Qur'an is not a joke..." and I explained to him the multiple reasons that the Qur'an is authentic, to name just one again, the scientific phenomenon explained in the Qur'an.

I saw him later that day in the library, he said to me, "Al Salamu `alaykum" I replied, "wa `alaykum."

I saw him a couple of more times, I'll wave cheerfully and reply to his salams with "wa `alaykum."

Now to let you know why I brought this particular story up. The same day I was telling that guy in class to go to the Masjid, was a day I happened to pass by this Hindu man again, and the Hindu man stopped me on my path and said, "Today's Friday, are you guys going to the Mosque? I would like to join you." ...
~Whaat, is this the same Hindu man that said the Qur'an is a joke?~ ... The guy that I was telling to go to the Masjid was shocked at how this Hindu man told me that, subHan Allah, and right after... right after encountering the Hindu guy did he decide to go to the Masjid.

The Hindu man, just in case you were wondering, ended up not going to the Masjid because he didn't want to walk too far due to pain in his legs, and he even lifted his pants to show me how much his legs have swelled, subHan Allah, they were this red and purple colorish combo.. ouch. I hope his pain goes away, it didn't look comfortable at all. al-Hamdu liLlah for my health.

... Planting seeds ...

If I plant the right seeds, and take care of it properly the seeds will grow, in sha' Allah. That's how I want to work on my parents, there's something in my mind I'm interested in pursuing, and I've already started planting seeds... now I'm just taking care of it, and waiting patiently for the thought seeds to develop... with du`a' and enough idea seeds planted, something should happen.

Perhaps a tree may grow, its root firmly grounded, and its fruitful branches reaching the heavens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home