5/28/2006

Being a Teacher

Why is being a teacher the most amazing job on earth???????????

Because, a student might call you up one day and say, "teacher, i've been praying all 5 prayers lately, what you said had really affected me."...

-smiles- my heart, this is happiness, may Allah accept our efforts. This is the same happiness I felt when my students skipped recess so that they could pray as much as they could.. those kids who stayed during recess i remember were 11 years old... ya Rabbi, I looooooooooooove teaching. It is the result of what Allah wills.

Today, I had guest visitors speak to my Sunday Class, this idea of having guest speakers came from my friend BB may Allah bless her, and give her all the khayr she desires. Amin

I went to a Banquet dinner, and the speaker there came all the way from New York to speak at their banquet, Barak Allahu Fi. I have 2 of his CD's in my room right now, phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal speaker!!! Imam Abdul Malik!!! ... -smiles- ... subHan Allah, we may think some things are impossible, but they're not... this same speaker came to my Sunday School class today and spoke to my students. If Allah wills something, even if the person is in New York they'll come all the way out to California and speak to your class. -smiles- He spoke to them about how powerful the media is, and how polluting to society it is.

al-Hamdu liLlah...

Oh.. and this is funny.. You know how you have a list of numbers on your cell phone, I needed to call someone and while i was scrolling down the list somehow I accidently called my grandparents in Jordan. It was 3 pm here, so it was 1 am there, yeeee! When the person answered I was shocked to hear a voice I wasn't familiar with, so I asked, whose speaking... "el Hajja" -smiles- then I instantly knew who it was!!! I told her I dialed her number bil ghalat, and I'm so sorry!!!!! -blushes-

So we spoke for about 5 minutes, then I let her get back to sleep. Ya Rabbi -smiles-

Oh, and I listened to a lecture today online by Shaykh Yasir Qadhi, that was phenomenal as well, it was "Debunking the Male Bias Myth." I liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home