2/27/2006

Happy al-Hamdu liLlah

Today was a sweet day.

al-Hamdu liLlah, after going to Arabic class, and to IB's Halaqah, I decided to get something to eat. Knowing I was going to meet up with a friend BB I decided to get her coffee on my way back from getting some food for myself, I feel it would be rude for me to eat in front of her while she doesn't have anything. Anyways, so I picked up some coffee because I know she loooves coffee, al-Hamdu liLlah. I realized I had not zipped up my purse after putting money in it, it's not that I care much for money, people are free to take it and do whatever they want with it, it's just money, but the fact of the matter is, my dad works hard to provide for all of us, so I need to be responsible. I decided to zip my purse up. But take a guess who forgot she had coffee in her hand??? ME!!! al-Hamd liLlah, after I zipped up my purse I noticed the cup was upside down and had spilled all over my left side. When I saw all this coffee over me I kind of stood for a moment, turned the cup right side up, (al-Hamdu liLlah it did have a cap over it) and just looked at my clothes, I didn't even make a sound, I just kind of stared at the coffee in awe, I was thinking ~al-Hamdu liLlah~

I walked into the cafeteria literally dripping with coffee, and I got napkins and soaked out as much as I could off of my clothes. Then I went back to BB with my food and her cup of coffee, I told her, "you don't heave to drink it, I understand the cup has coffee all over it, but I got this for you, I tried to clean it up." Barak Allahu Fiha she appreciated the thought, and even laughed it off after looking at my clothes. Even when people spill food on them, it's not that much, the coffee soaked my whole left side, it was as if I showered myself in coffee (my left side anyways). She still drank the coffee, again Barak Allahu Fiha, she has a heart that is soft and beautiful in many ways.

I went home in a very cheerful mood, I saw my grandparents at my house, and my grandpa said jokingly, "you know yesterday when you were wearing that black scarf and black skirt [heeey, I had a blue top I wasn't wearing all black, hehe] you made me sick, I went home sick!" My family hates it when I wear black, but sometimes my black scarf is all that matches. [easy there, i don't match all the time! once I wore something and my friend AE said, "why? why? explain to me why?" .... uh, because it's clothes -smiles- i'm getting there! i'm getting there! pretty soon I shall receive that ribbon at the Dollar Tree that says, "I can dress myself" in sha' Allah ya RAB] .. Anyways, I look at my grandfather and smile, "so Sedo, you must be very healthy today, I'm wearing purple and blue, NO BLACK -big wide smiles-".. then my grandparents both nodded their head in agreement with what I was wearing. Today I wore a long purple coat with loose blue jeans, but I don't like wearing pants, I'm trying to stick to skirts only, I feel skirts are better, less body showing. Well, my grandparents loved the whole pants and a coat look, they said it's more "modern"... eh, al-Hamdu liLlah for everything, I still love my skirts more.

Still I don't know why, I'm just really happy, hayka, I'm just happy. So then my grandpa said, "Why are you so happy? What's the reason you're sooo happy? Did you find out something? is there news you are not telling us? We want to be happy with you!" I'm thinking in my mind, ~good question, why am I happy? Nothing new or exciting had happened~, I guess it's the optimistic attitude I decided to take on lately, it's just making life sweet, al-Hamdu liLlah. I realized I think too much, and that I need to just make du`a', put in whatever effort I can when I need to, and not worry. That was my problem, khalas, I just worry too much!!! -smiles Tooo much! Hmm, I think I know why I'm so happy, it's raining, yesss it's raining -smiles- It just hasn't rained in such a long time, and al-Hamdu liLlah here it is, it's such a blessing really.

All in all, I'm happy. Why? Because ... Why not? -smiles-

-------------------------------------------------------------

During The Rain:

Narrated Sahel Ibn Saad (may Allah be pleased with him); that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

Two will not be rejected, Supplication after the Adhan (call of prayer) and at the time of the rain.

[Reported by Al-Hakim and Abo Dawood].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home