1/27/2006

Good Mood

I'm in a good mood al-Hamdu lilLah.

Today, today, today was a very fun day! -smiles-

I'm leaving campus and this man who looks like a professor knocks on my window, and I look at him and he says, "Your tire is really flat I would stop at a gas station right now, you can't drive on that." He had to repeat that twice until I realized I should be smart and role down that window, hehe, khayr in sha' Allah. But come on, strange man knock'n on my window! I'm not going to role my window down so easily.

I stoppped at the masjid, and my tire is really low. How did I not feel that? Wouldn't my car have tilted, or wouldn't I have felt it somehow? Anyway, so I call my mom and tell her I'm going to be late and I asked her, "what should I do?" I've never had a flat tire before, I wasn't 100% sure what should be done. I asked my mom, "do I go to the gas station fill it up with air? do I call a tow truck? what?" She suggested that I change the tire and to ask one of the brothers from campus to help me. So I called my cousin, and I told her to ask and see if any of the guys know how to fix a tire. She said that I should have a group of guys coming down to the Masjid right away for me, aww how sweet!!! That's the UMMAH i'm talking about!!!

But I am far more fortunate than that... My friend which is a "sister" knew how to change a tire.. YES! EVEN BETTER! .. and we changed it together, no guys needed, woo hoo!!! It felt so awesome to change a tire, that "independent" "i can handle this" feeling took over me! Now I know what to do next time, learning is soooo cool!

Now let's step backwards in time a little bit. Before my friend came, I went inside the private school, I had another letter of recommendation I wanted to add to my file. In a chair in the office I saw a little boy sitting down in a chair by himself. My heart fell to the ground, here's a problem with me, I'm horrible at punishing... I've never had to punish any of my students. Even when they are bad, I just, try to find some other way around it. This is bad, I know, but I feel like if a child is misbehaving it's not their fault, it's mine, either I need to be more interesting, or this child needs something to do, or, or, or, something!

So this child is sitting in the chair, and I sit next to him. I asked him, "Are you in trouble?" He looked at me and nodded. "Do you want to talk about it?" He didn't say anything. "Are you upset, mad?" He nodded, then he started to speak:

"It wasn't my fault..." and he explained his heart out. Once he was done, I looked at him, and I said, "I believe you." He then looked at me and said softly almost to himself, "wow, first one."

From there we bonded, I have a new child friend, al-Hamdu lilLah.

So today, I'm in a good mood, my life is definitely a blessing, and al-Hamdu lilLah for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home