dramatic...
Oftentimes when I lose my emotional balance, it's due to my mind over-dramatizing my situation. Patience is really easy, but because of how my mind may over dramatize my situation patience may become difficult. When something bad happens my emotions get excited and then I have to immediately control my mind to take it easy.
For example, yesterday I went to turn in my paper to the teacher and I noticed red marks on the page, and when I looked closer it didn't look like red pen marks, it looked like blood. I had no idea where the blood came from. Looking at my tainted paper, I knew that my emotions would start getting excited, that I may over-dramatize my situation, so I just calmed down and thought.
Trying to figure out how blood got on my paper a friend pointed out that I had a little bit of blood on my face. I wiped my cheek where she told me she saw some blood, and then I looked at my fingers to see if I got whatever was on my cheek off. Then I noticed where all this blood was coming from, my thumb, I had a paper cut! A really deep one too... subHan Allah, how did I not feel that? so strange.
Anyways, I had to figure out what to do with all the red marks on the page, I needed to turn it in, and what would the teacher think if he saw blood on my paper?
So, what did I do? Hehe, I just drew flowers over it. Pretty red flowers. lqtm, life is really interesting, it's amazing how things are decreed.
subHan Allah, it was decreed, wa alHamdu lilLah.

2 Comments:
blood flowers.. interesting thought...make du`aa' for me dee... 2 more finals and then rancho here i come!!! (anyone up for a walk in the park ;))
yea blood flowers, I did good on the paper, so alHamdu lilLah the teacher didn't seem to mind.. hehe. khayr, i think we stress ourselves out over nothing sometimes.
in sha' Allah you'll be in my du`aa', and I'm totally up for a walk in the park!
Post a Comment
<< Home