4000 ft. high!
al-Hamdu liLlah today was a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day! subHan Allah.
I had to go to some random highschool this morning for a CSET exam that I had to take and seriously it was such an amazing drive there, I passed through the most amazing looking mountains, the mountains were so lush and green! DARK GREEN! Seriously just tickled my heart, subHan Allah. There was just a bit of fog, and I could see the wind making the fog gently move, God it was so beautiful! Something about being in scenic places makes me absolutely happy, a rich, deep kind of fulfilling happiness. Dark green hills everwhere I looked, it was just breathtaking. 7 AM in the morning driving through beautiful mountains, with the wind gently moving the fog towards me, it was calming, it was wow, that's what it was, it was "wow."
I got to my destination pretty easily, but for some reason on my way back home I got LOST!!! I couldn't find the next exit I had to take so I kept going straight thinking ~alright, let me get off the exit and go backwards and see if I can retrace my steps to back where I started and try again ~ ONE PROBLEM... there was no exit! The road kept going! yeeeee... up the mountain, just one way... then I saw a sign that said "4000 ft. high" subHan Allah!!! I pretty much knew I was that high up because I felt the pressure in my ears, and I felt the extra force I had to put on my car to go upwards. The higher I went up the more worried I became, I saw many many cars passing me, I looked to see how fast I was going and I found out I was only going 45 mph, -smiles- oops! -smiles- Not fast enough on the freeway ya know, hehe, khayr in sha' Allah. Eventually, I did find an exit and found my way back, and my way home, but that was some adventure! I LOVE ADVENTURES!
I love it when random unexpected GOOD things happen, it's so exciting. I guess it makes up for random unexpected BAD things that happen, there has to be a balance. But, sometimes what we think is bad is actually good, and what we think is good is actually bad, ... whoa, check out that flip-flop. -smiles- flip flop is such a funny word!
2 more finals 2 go! Thursday: Watching the Dance Final, Friday: Religious Studies Final... Saturday: Sleep Final*ly.
I want to go to sleep right now again, I took a nap earlier, but subHan Allah I'm tired again, I feel so drained for some reason. I need to stay up though, I have the most amazing idea for my class, since I feel like I have warmed up to every student and I have a "gist" of what their personality is like I am going to find an article online for each student with something that I feel would interest them specifically... (one is infatuated with politics, another is such a "romantic" -smiles-another is so involved in the whole shia and sunni conflict, another excited by the hereafter stories, and so on), this is going to be soooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!! ya Allah! I love teaching and I love my students, and al-Hamdu liLlah I have been blessed with a classroom that is just WONDERFUL! al-Hamdu liLlah.
I'm getting new students this week, they are in their late teens early 20's... I wonder sometimes why I am put in such situations, why so many people keep coming my way, like with those students I teach after Sunday School, and how I didn't choose to be in charge of sisters halaqah I just got a call one day and it was given to me, I mean... even being a sunday school teacher (one of my greatest joys in life) and a substitute, not once did I go in search of the job, they just somehow came to me or called me, it's such an honor, but it makes me think about my purpose. I don't turn down opportunities to do khayr and al-Hamdu liLlah this has only made my life richer, but my biggest fear and concern is that all this work I'm doing is bringing me into the Hell-fire. It's such a huge responsibility to teach someone about Islam, or teach someone anything at all, it's a big amana, and I'm not a scholar and I have no idea if I am teaching them something that is wrong... I just have hope that my intentions are pure and that Allah accepts this work from me, it's too huge of responsibility though, there are times I want to back out and leave when I start thinking like this, but then I realize if I don't do it, who will? Then this sense of fard kifaya creeps into my mind and I stick with it. ya Allah I wish there were more scholars. May Allah create more scholars. Amin.
Anyways, I don't want to depress myself so let me switch gears here, I'll switch from "almost depressed" to "let's have some fun"... okay, just for fun, I really want to learn some "Urdu" words! I'm kinda hoping someone out there doesn't mind going ahead and teaching me some. in sha' Allah. -cheesy smile-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home