3/15/2006

Sleep Happens

subHan Allah... how is it that we fall asleep and not even realize it?

al-Hamdu liLlah I was on a conference call and a sister asked a question about how to give da`wah to a Mexican woman, and I listened to some of the answer then somewhere during the conversation I just fell asleep. I didn't have the phone on my ear, i just put it on the pillow next to my head and listened to the conversation as I rested on my bed. Thinking I was only "resting" I got up and notice that the time is 4:21 AM.. "did I miss my Isha prayer?" then I looked at a handy dandy widget I had on my computer and al-Hamdu liLlah I still had time.
While looking at my computer I realized I also had ignored an instant message, so I replied:


AE: u listening?
Sent at 11:28 PM on Tuesday
Anonymous: [lqtm].. i fell asleep
Sent at 4:22 AM on Wednesday

... al-Hamdu liLlah for everything.

This happened to me before. I feel really bad about this one actually: My friend had recently gotten married and her husband was going to give a lecture on Pal Talk, she invited me into a private room so that her husband can teach both us. Personally, I tried to get out of it, I don't know about you, but that's just awkward. subHan Allah, but I ended up going because I have this rule that if I am invited to do khayr I should do it... [subHan Allah this rule has only benefited me in my life, al-Hamdu liLlah]. Only this time, heh, I dunno, so I go into the room and I decided I'll bring a pillow to my desk and while he's talking I'll just "comfortably listen"... lifting my head from the pillow thinking I must have just dozed off for a bit I realize hours had passed, and I see these notes that this husband and wife had posted to each other.

This was about a few months ago by the way, the note as I remember it went like this:

friend: You there [insert my name]?
husband: I think she fell asleep
friend: lol
husband: lol

me~ yeee, fadhiha! eh, al-Hamdu liLlah, khayr in sha' Allah.

I later called my friend and apologized, subHan Allah. Sleep happens.

Now an even greater phenomenon is the Cave of the Sleepers, I forget the exact amount of time they were asleep but I believe it may have been for hundreds of years! At least I got up a few hours later, imagine if it had been years... ya Allah, al-Hamdu liLlah. Wowness! Allah does as He wills, subHan Allah.

Anyway, these next two weeks are du`a' intensive, in sha' Allah after finals and tests and all that good stuff we'll continue the amount of du`a' that we have been making and even more in sha' Allah to just say thank you. I remember another friend of mine FM told me about a time when her husband was applying to graduate schools, and they did a lot of tahajjud prayers, and one of the schools replied and he didn't get it, and they did another tahajjud prayer after that result to praise Allah for that decision. subHan Allah, I learned an important lesson from that example, Barak Allahu Fihum.

It looks like I'm going off on tangents now, I went from sleep to making tahajjud, it's all good.

I'm off, but you'll all be in mu du`a', in sha' Allah always, good times, bad times, whenever.. let me throw in another tangent -smiles- sometimes in sujud I think of random people from my past and just make du`a' for them, I love how even after so much time has passed I can still remember them in my salah, al-Hamdu liLlah for our memory, al-Hamdu liLlah for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home