3/09/2006

Today...

Usually on my way home from school I don't put anything to listen to in my car and I just think. Today was different though, I'm just getting tired of listening to myself think, so I just continued my Suhaib Webb lecture ... and al-Hamdu liLlah, I listened to the story about Umm Salamah. I cried, subHan Allah, I just cried, she went through such a hard time, and the du`a' she said was so beautiful:

Ummu Salama (RA) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) saying: "There is not a slave afflicted with a calamity who then says: "Inna lil-lahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oona, allhumma'jurnee fee museebatee, wa akhliflee khayran minha" (We are for Allah, and we are, to Him, returning. 'O my ilah grant me reward in my calamity, and cause it to be succeeded with good consequence for me) ... except that Allah would grant him reward in his calamity, and would succeed it with good consequences for him." (Muslim)

al-Hamdu liLlah I do not have the hardships that she had to face, al-Hamdu liLlah. After saying this du`a' the prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu `alayhi wa salam) proposed to her. -smiles- Truly, Allah makes a way out for people in ways they cannot even imagine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home