do you see what happened because you didn't listen to your mom...
subHan Allah... these words keep repeating in my mind, they keep repeating, and repeating.
Saturday I went to Jamilah's house, al-Hamdu lilLah, I love going there, it is one among only a few homes that I know of filled with the rememberance of Allah.
When I arrived there, we just sat and spoke to each other, even though she is my tajwid teacher.
-smiles- Every time I think about her right away I can hear her say, "Allah Kariiiiiiiiiim" -smiles- indeed God is Generous.
After about 10 minutes, we set the clean carpets on the ground so that we may pray, and the next thing I know Jamilah runs into the house holding her sons head, and I see blood coming out through her hands. She took her hand off his face for just a little bit, and I saw it, a deep cut next to his left eye, subHan Allah so close to his eye.. sooo close, just pouring blood.
I felt my heart squeeze in, and then Jamilah says, "I don't know what to do?" I have never been in such a situation so I wasn't too sure either. I ran to the phone, and came back and said, "All I can think of right now is to call 911, I'm going to call 911." While I was about to dial the number the neighbor came, and she said, "no that won't be necessary just get his medical card and we'll go in my van right now straight to the hospital."
Through all this, I saw how Jamilah acted towards such a crazy happening. She was sooooo calm, she saw him and said, "al-Hamdu lilLah"... "nashkur Allah, al-Hamdu lilLah"... "al-Hamdu lilLah it didn't hit your eye, it could have hit your eye, al-Hamdu lilLah"... then she went and prostrated to Allah.
While her son was dropping blood, and tears, she held him and said, over and over, very calmly, "do you see what happens when you don't listen to your mom?... "do you see what happens when you don't listen to your mom? ... "I told you to not play over there... do you see what happens when you don't listen to your mom?".. "do you see what happens when you don't listen to your mom?" ... while she was saying that I just stood frozen, staring at her son, and listening to her words. Then I thought to myself, am I listening to my mom? am I doing what I am supposed to be doing? Is Allah showing me something, bringing something to my attention?
In a matter of a few minutes the van was set up outside, and I told Jamilah not to worry about a thing and that I will take care of her children.
I took care of her children for about 5 hours until their father came home. In those 5 hours the biggest task was the baby, the children who were a little older pretty much entertained themselves. Being in the home and making sure that her daughter did her homework, that her children were safe, that the baby was fed and alright, and happy was a rather interesting experience. I'm known as the "free" babysitter, it's not something I want to be paid for, I just like doing it.
Through that time, I thought about what being a mother would be like. I have always babysitted but I never really thought about myself as a mother while babysitting. I had to deal with a child's tears, I had fun dancing with the baby (soooo cute!), although once it started getting dark, I really wanted the baby to sleep because I was getting really tired hehe and he had sooooooo much energy!!! Barak Allahu Fi, I had to heat up the mlukhiya and to have snacks available when they got hungry... and so on.
Through this time, I thought about my future plans. Honestly, if I am to ever have children I do not want to work, subHan Allah they need so much attention, it really is a 24 hour job.
Another thing came to mind, I thought about my mother, how much she must have gone through raising me. This is not an easy job, I only took care of these children for 5 hours, what about every single day for many many years... subHan Allah, May Allah bless our mothers for their patience, and hardwork raising us. Amin.
Again, those words, "do you see what happened because you didn't listen to your mom"... ya Allah.
What if you want to listen... only, there is something good you want as well, subHan Allah, wa al-Hamdu lilLah, wa la illaha illa Allah, wa Allahu akbar... (that always feels good)
al-Hamdu lilLah for everything, the best One to complain my struggles to is Allah, and al-Hamdu lilLah this can only bring good... because Allah is the One who can truly easy any difficulty I may have.
Tawakalna `ala Allah. We have put our trust in Allah.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home