Zam Zam... aww
Okay so al-Hamdu lilLah the principal of the Sunday school came back from Hajj, and she brought me a bag filled with awesome treats. In the bag was a bottle of zam zam!
So al-Hamdu lilLah I drank some of it and made a du`a'.. drank more made more du`a'... and heh I still have some sitting by my computer, I want to sorta save it I guess.
I brought it to my family and I told them I have some zam zam water if they would like some, my dad drank some, my mom did too, and then they told my little brother to drink some and ask Allah to help him with school and all that good stuff.
So just 5 minutes ago, he comes in my room, and he says, "That drink doesn't work!" .. I said, "What do you mean it doesn't work? Of course it does."
He said, "I asked for a 360 [i guess that's some Xbox thing] and I didn't get it." I smiled and said, "Just because you made du`a' doesn't mean you're going to get what you ask for right away." He then widens his eyes and says, "So I'll get it tomorrow?" I smiled again... and then he got distracted and started to play with a toy fork.
I learned something from him, I think, I am like Amir, sometimes I make du`a' and expect instant results... but Allah knows what's best. I figure when we make du`a' we recieve what we need, not necessarily what we want, so al-Hamdu lilLah for everything, and al-Hamdu lilLah for the time it will take for the du`a' we make to be answered, Allah indeed knows what is best for us. subHan Allah, I love children... al-Hamdu lilLah, always always al-Hamdu lilLah.

4 Comments:
360? Whatever happened to asking for the ability to fly? That's what I always wished for on Laylat al-Qadr at that age. In sha' Allah I can have that one answered in jannah.
Flying, I do that enough in my dreams... dreamworld rocks! al-Hamdu lilLah.
may Allah forgive your sins, allow you to enter Jannah, and give the capability to flyyyy. Amin
Amin! And for you the same. Amin! May He also answer all your du`a' (even if without instant results). Amin.
Post a Comment
<< Home