Nice day
al-Hamdu lilLah today I met up with Reem from online. It's so cool to meet someone from the internet.
I really enjoyed watching her daughters Mariam and Khadija interact with each other, Barak Allahu Fihum they are so cute! When I first met them their mom had to leave for a bit to go pray so I was alone with them. I felt I better break the ice soon because I'm just some strange person sitting with them, and they might be feeling uneasy. So, I took out my cross stitch cloth, my needle and thread and asked them if they would like to sew with me... and they did, and they were smiling and I felt good.
Reem returned and we went out to eat. The two girls were preoccupied with their coloring so the rest of the time I just spent talking to Reem. subHan Allah there are people in this world that I just love instantly for the sake of Allah, it's as if you can just feel the nur coming from them. May Allah shower Reem and her two daughters with khayr.
Then it was getting dark and although I would have loved to stay with Reem I didn't want my parents to get upset at me, so I decided to go home. Before I left, Reem stopped me and said she had a `id present for me. Although I love presents I felt really bad for not having something to give her... those who know me best know how I feel about presents, I just feel like I need to return the favor I hate to receive and not to give back in return, I hate that feeling of not being able to give something back.
Anyways, it was a really beautiful silver necklace. What I love more than the object itself, is the thought behind it, that's what made me love the present. subHan Allah some people are sooo thoughtful! Masha' Allah. May Allah give her mountains of jewelry in Jannah.
All in all today was another nice day... al-Hamdu lilLah for nice days.
But every day has to have that pinch of annoyance, I mean, the day is not complete without it.
Pinch of the day:
Since I have to take classes for units, my counselor recommended that I take Dance. I read the description of the class and it seemed to me that it was a class based on the history of dance, and it said that we will have to write papers. Well, to my surprise I enter the classroom and I don't find chairs like I had expected, instead it was a large room with a wooden floor and mirrors all around... I'm thinking "yeeee, are we going to be dancing?" ... Personally, I'm not someone who is too fond of dancing, I don't mind playing sports, I don't mind being silly with children... but dancing... eh... "and dancing in front of strange men... no no no no no no... I refuse... la`!"
WELL, the teacher has this activity where we are supposed to walk around the room and shake hands with everyone we bump into. I went up to her and I said, "I don't shake hands with men, and this activity makes me really uncomfortable." So she had the whole class go up and greet each other without touching. Then later she tells the class, "everyone take your socks off" [and because I'm not too sure whether Islamically it is "okay" to show my feet, I decided to keep my socks on, I figure when in doubt might as well be safe than sorry] I was the only one in the room with my socks on. Jihad al nafs? you betcha.
Then she had us do stretches, and some I couldn't do because I was wearing a jean skirt... and to top that off she had us get into groups of four to create our own type of rhythmic walk, and of all the groups I got the most creative ones and they created this elaborate 8 piece step thing, which I did once just fine, but she told us to keep repeating it, and akh.. I lost my co-ordination. I felt like doing the Arab thing and just go down on one knee and just clap at their show, you know, how they put the good dancer in the middle and everyone just circles around clapping... yea, that's what I felt like doing, mhmmm, either that, or leaving the room...
lqtm, I don't know if I'll drop the class... I really don't know. Akh! pinch, pinch.
... BUT ... other than that, it was a nice day, al-Hamdu lilLah.

5 Comments:
Yeah, there's always a pinch. At least you had a good day otherwise with Reem -- all praises are to Allah.
By the way, I believe that Hanafi fiqh permits the showing of feet for women. I don't believe any of the other schools make that allowance, although I could be wrong.
Actually, I'm pretty certain Shafi`i does not permit it.
Yea, I'm positive it is the Hanafi fiqh that allows it. subHan Allah I just don't show my feet because it seems like the safest thing to to do... considering the hadiths I've read on the issue and so on. Thanks for letting me know Shafi`i does not permit it... al-Hamdu lilLah I learned something new.
sounds like a fun day !!! u comin' to the msa west `eid banquet insha'Allah ?? www.alkalima.com/events !!
I registered... that doesn't mean I'll be there, parents = lots of sabr -smiles- al-Hamdu lilLah, khayr in sha' Allah. If I'm meant to be there, then i'll be there.
Post a Comment
<< Home