1/11/2006

subHan Allah

Today, I didn't have school but I went because of an MSU project I was working on... and this whole week, there has just been a lot going on... but something happened today, something nice. Today I felt every stress fade away.

It was Maghrib, so before I headed off home I stopped in the Masjid to pray. I was really glad to hear the adhan, that meant I didn't have to pray alone, al-Hamdu lilLah.

Anticipatory question/reflection: Have you ever prayed a prayer that you will never forget? subHan Allah some of my prayers have had a long lasting impact on me. One in particular was my very first attendance of a taraweeh prayer 4 years ago, it was after that prayer that I decided to keep the head scarf that I was wearing on. So, some prayers do something to me, they have an impact on the state of mind I will leave that prayer in.

Today, I felt so much at peace it was as though my body didn't exist. The imam that was leading the prayer had a voice that was sooo soothing, that I felt with every "Allahu akbar" my nerves relaxed and let go. I felt like I wanted to cry just from how much at peace I was, but I didn't, I just held it in and let myself enjoy the peacefulness in my salah. It was a calm I had never experienced before, absolutely relaxed, at peace, almost a perfect peace. al-Hamdu lilLah.

It's hard to forget people, places, events that evoke a strong emotion. That prayer today gave me a feeling I will never forget, it was so nice, absolutely a gift from Allah, al-Hamdu lilLah... always, al-Hamdu lilLah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home