3/04/2006

My uncle is so coooool!

He calls me up sometimes and asks me a random question, and he wants me to answer it right away. -smiles-

Two nights ago, he asked me, "what's the distance from the earth to mars?" I looked online and gave him the answer. He just called me right now again, and he asks.. "so, what's the distance from the earth to pluto?" Again I looked it up, and I just told him, ya Allah how much I love my uncle! Barak Allahu Fi.

[Sometimes he says things that are unforgetable, his perspectives on things are just unique and very clever... for example, he said this a while back, and it was too good not to remember:

When a person lies, that person is proving to Allah that he or she is a liar!

He's so cool! And that's so right. ]

Well, there's a reason why he asks these questions.. like I said, he's very clever. After asking me the distance to Pluto, he asked me, "what's the distance between you and God?" ... "subHan Allah, physically I can only imagine, although I do know that Allah is closer to us than our jugular vein! subHan Allah. " ... "aha! yes!"

ya Rab, I love my uncle for the sake of Allah.

And for those who are curious:

Mercury
Distance from Earth: 57 million miles, at the closest point in its orbit

Venus
Distance from Earth: At its closest, Venus is 26 million miles (41,840,000 km) away

Mars
Distance from Earth: 35 million miles (56 million km) at the closest point in its orbit



Jupiter
Distance from Earth: At its closest, 370 million miles (591 million km)


Saturn
Distance from Earth: 744 million miles at the closest point


Uranus
Distance from Earth: At the closest point, 1,607,000,000 miles


Neptune
Distance from Earth: 2,680,000,000 miles at closest point


Pluto
Distance from Earth: At the closest point, 2.67 billion miles



from: http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0769141.html

2 Comments:

At 3/05/2006 11:13 am , Blogger Um Sumayyah said...

since this a fact blog i will post my random fact from studying: cystic fibrosis hits one in every 3000 people and 1 in every 25 is a carrier.. scary odds huh? alHamdollilah `ala kul shi' !!! say alHamdollilah !!!!!!bak to my intense studying and what not.. du`aa' appreciated!!

 
At 3/05/2006 5:03 pm , Blogger Anonymous said...

I love facts! Feel free to share any time! al-Hamdu liLlah. Wow, 1 out of every 25, those are scary odds... but also:

"At least 97% of men with CF are sterile due to the absence of vas deferens." [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis]

Allah knows best... al-Hamdu liLlah for our health, seriously.

I'm not exactly sure where I heard this, but: "To those who have an illness, when they see someone who is healthy it is as if they have a crown over their head" .. something like that anyway.

Jazaki Allahu Khayra for sharing! -smiles-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home