Success!!!
A lot of parents have been coming to me relating the success of their children. -smiles-
One parent in particular says that her daughter imitates me repeatedly... one thing that her child does is change her voice. I change my voice for the class all the time! For instance, when I was teaching them about the value of money I went into a British accent. I said, "Would you loyk a quata? How about a quata in yo wata? Only 25 cents!".. They would laugh, then I'll change again, and go into a childish voice, "And so the quarter spoke to the penny, 'I'M 25 CENTS AND YOU'RE ONLY 1 CENT!!! NA, NA, NA, NA, NA.'"... -smiles-
Still on the topic of voices. I ask them before I read a book, "what kind of voice should I read to you with today?" The boys really enjoy the scary voice. This is how that works:
I turn off all the lights.
I'll walk around the class as I read slowly, ... I whisper softly the words of the book. "And so Goldilocks went into the three bears home ... [pause] ... [pause] ... (whispering)... then she went on Papa bears couch, and she said it was too.... [pause]... [pause]... [creepy smile]... (I'll move down to the level of the children, then jump up and very loudly say as if saying Boo!)... HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The children scream, and then burst into laughter. Then I'll continue, and they're hiding in each others jackets, "then Goldilocks went on Mama bears chair, (back to whispering), but it was too soft.... and she went on baby bears chair, (softer whisper), and it was, (loud voice now) JUST RIGHT!!!!.." -smiles- lqtm, good times.
Anyways, oh! Another thing they like is when I take a poem they read and sing it to them in different ways. One way is by rapping it! Another is by softly singing it melodiously (the boys hate that, but the girls go wild over it).
So, yea, you have to hear my different voices one day. It's a lot of fun, I assure you. Tomorrow, in sha' Allah... oh, I mean today, in sha' Allah. -smiles-
al-hamdu lillah, my class is doing well... even the child that is struggling the most, and subhan Allah, his success is due mostly to the advice that I had received from the Qur'an and ahadith, the lessons your mother gave me, the book Between Parent and Child, oh! And lest I forget! That fantabulous 5 page article you sent me!!! al-hamdu lillah... Allah has blessed me with so many techniques and people to help ease my way, subhan Allah, I'm very fortunate, al-hamdu lillah, al-hamdu lillah, al-hamdu lillah.
Subhan Allah, right when I establish a routine with my class, and I have learned some of the best techniques for teaching, the year is over. Allahu Musta`an.
After a long and hard year, to see success, this is one of the sweetest reliefs of life, al-hamdu lillah.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home