-smiles-
subHan Allah! How cute!Oh, let me answer the question.
Let's see, I'm... seriously just sitting here doing nothing. I have like 5 books here waiting to be read, maybe I should pick one up -smiles-
Yea, that's the plan. -smiles-
Oh, which reminds me, I read something about the 4 schools of thought. I'm going to post that here.
Heh, I was typing out a passage from a book and then the page just shut on me, computer drama... khayr.
Hmm, basically the writing didn't really say much that would aid in which one would be the best to follow, but it did give a run down of what each school produced in the way of aiding people with understanding how to live their life based on the Qur'an and Sunnah.
Here let me see if I can break this down:
*Hanafi*
-lots of emphasis on Qiyas (juristic analogy)
-juristic prefernce (Istihsan) in which jurists can choose between 2 options in order to promote the common good.
*Maliki*
-published book al-Muwatta
-uses narratives of the people of Medina as a source for Islamic law.
-make exceptions in islamic law based on (urf) custom, as long as the custom isn't contradictory to islam
-development of law and legal rulings about modern concerns should favor the public good andt he general welfare (istislah)
*Shafi`i*
-rejected hanafi use of istihsan
-codified sources of islamic law strictly into koran, sunnah, ijma' (consensus of the scholars), and qiyas.
*Hanbali*
-most conservative
-weary of using reason and analogy
-developed the theory of permissibility (ibaha), where any action that doesn't contradict the Koran and Sunnah is presumed lawful or legal.
I collected these notes from Koran for Dummies (pgs. 270-272)
~
I personally am a big fan of the Hanbali school of thought, and my favorite scholar still remains Uthaymeen, barak Allahu fi, I really trust his work... although, I must admit I have been looking a lot into the Hanafi school of thought ... and it's funny because I keep on running my life switching between the two... eeks. subHan Allah, I feel that ultimately we will be judged on our intentions. I take from each school of law the ruling I feel most satisfied with, and I trust that it's okay to madhhab hop, I mean, they're all based on the Qur'an and Sunnah, so there shouldn't be a problem. I could be wrong, but for now, this is what makes sense to me.
Yay! One of my favortie blogs might be updated soon. I'm glad someone remembered they have a blog to update! People are waiting! I kid, take your time, enjoy your vacation. -smiles- Yay, a little pressure and we got an obscure fact, maybe more pressure will be on its way. hmm...
Looks like a little pressure was enough, we got an obscure fact and words of advice, I wonder what A LOT of pressure would do? hmm...
lqtm.. I actually need to go to sleep. Dream world is calling for me.
peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home