Plans...
Today, I'm going to my brothers birthday at Chuck E. Cheese... I'm leaving for that momentarily, also, my parents decided that they would go to a walima that we were invited to. Which is exciting to me, because perhaps they may appreciate desi culture ... ya Rab... in sha' Allah. The walima is at 6 p.m., al-hamdu liLlah, so that's that.
update: While on my way to Chuck E. Cheese, I decided to call Reem. I told her that she is more than welcomed to come to Chuck E. Cheese, and that it would be a good place for her to bring her children. I didn't think she would come, but guess what? Come on guess... -smiles-... SHE CAME!!! yay! and my mom and her still got to meet, and she also met a lot of members of my mom's side of the family, my aunts and all. -smiles- My mom took her and me to the side to "talk"... mhm. -smiles- and she invited Reem over, which is really cool, al-Hamdu liLlah.
Turns out we're still going to the walima. We are not leaving until 7:30, so I'll just use this time to get ready, which won't take me long.
Oh, and my dad was invited by my friends father to go to some gathering ... I'm not sure what it's for exactly. Anyways, my dad accepted. This is awesome, want to know why? Let me tell you.. -smiles- my friend is Bengali, and her dad and my dad just happen to work close by to each other. He's having a party in which he's gathering family and friends on the 31st and he invited my family... my father accepted, and in sha' Allah he's going to go! Yes!! I'm so happy, al-hamdu liLlah. in sha' Allah this will be another opportunity for my parents to embrace the desi community, in sha' Allah.
-smiles- make du`a', because Allah is there to answer them.
more updates: So we went to the walima, and it was alright. al-hamdu liLlah, my parents didn't complain... wait, except that the food was way too spicy. -smiles- The host came around and said, "We made sure the food wasn't that spicy" ... to whose standard exactly? -smiles-
When I came back home I noticed I had a missed call from someone very important, and so I called her back, and in sha' Allah I'll call her again tomorrow morning before jumu`ah to see if there is any possibility we can meet. in sha' Allah we can, that would be nice.
~
also, just some thoughts, as far as communication is concerned, I should have listened, brief conversations are best for now. ya Rab, sigh, al-Hamdu liLlah, we live and learn.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home