12/08/2006

al-Hamdu liLlah

One thing I didn't mention about yesterday was that I got to teach 5th grade for about 40 min. It was a lot of fun. I went over how England and Spain were not on good terms in the late 1500's and what went on with that. They really got into the lesson, and I received good comments afterwards about my teaching strategies, so al-Hamdu liLlah. subHan Allah, I enjoyed the upper grade, there was less "hyperness". First graders, are so active, and I must repeat the rules to them several times a day. I don't know how many times I need to remind them to "walk" for example. Other then just a few things here and there, my first graders are awesome. al-Hamdu liLlah.

I love my first graders, they tell me such sweet things all the time. One child said, "I missed you so much." This was just because he had to go home and then come back to school. One girl, I call her my shadow, wherever I am there she is, even when they are outside playing. I will tell her, "go play! You're a child! Have fun!" Then after I say that she runs and hugs me and glues herself to me. I seriously feel like there must be some sticky substance I am not seeing that glues these children on me.

Today I nearly cried, the Arabic teacher, made the whole class make du`a' for me. I allowed him to use my room for his after school classes and I just had to step in to grab my stuff before I left and he told the whole class to make du`a' for me. Imagine looking at about 30 students with their hands lifted making du`a' for you. The du`a' was, something along the lines of, "fill her life with happiness, and give her what her heart wants." Then after thanking them, I made sure to return a du`a' their way. I told the Arabic teacher I'm going to do my best, then I said it, and he corrected a mistake of mine. -smiles- That was nice, al-Hamdu liLlah.

Also, today, the teacher's assistant which is a very, very, very kind and humble, and sweet older lady told me about a dream she had about me. She told me her dreams come true, and that has always been the case with her. From her character I feel that she has a close connection with Allah. Barak Allahu fiha, wa Allahu a`lam. Her dream made me cry, and then she told me she bought me a `id present. She told me I was like her daughter, and that she bought an outfit for 2 of her daughters and one for me too. I was incredibly flattered. I will definitely search for something meaningful to give her, I have an idea! There's a book, I need to look up what it's called, but it's gold and it's filled with beautiful pictures of calligraphy as well as pictures of things that came from the household's of sahabah.. stuff like that. I'll find it and post a link of this book here in sha' Allah. Anyways, I want to get her something special, Allah is a witness to how much she helped me this year, and as sincerely as I possibly can, I pray and ask Allah that she enters Jannatul Ferdaus for the patience she always has. Amin

[Update: I found the book I was looking forThe Sacred Trusts. Hmm... I didn't realize this book costed so much. ya Rab, hmm, I think I'll still get it, I think she'll really love this book, I think it will bring cheer to her. Hmm, ... wa hmm... I wonder if buying this would give me hasanat? Like, if my intention is to buy her this gift so that our bond would strengthen as sisters in Islam, that would be awesome. subHan Allah, she works so hard. I feel she deserves Jannah, so this gift wouldn't be much at all. subHan Allah, perhaps, if I buy her this, perhaps she'll love it and make more du`a' for me, then I would really benefit in this investment. I liked how someone answered a question not so long ago about how he uses money as a means to pleasing Allah, investing in the akhira. I like that kind of thinking. Allah al-Karim, al-Wadud, Ar-Razzaq, we should give of the things that we love. al-Hamdu liLlah. ]

Speaking of patience, I'm sure finals requires lots of that. My prayers are also being made for those that are studying I understand how draining that must be. Working is like putting coal in the fire, you keep on putting coal so that it keeps burning, once you stop the fire might die. In life, we will always be pushing ourselves and struggling with things, and in sha' Allah all the challenges that come before we will meet with patience and steadfastness in our religion. Allah is al-Wadud, and al-Hamdu liLlah He is a witness to what we do for His sake, may He accept our struggle. Amin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home